Hi! I once had a Garrett ACE 250 metal detector for almost four years. I was very pleased with it (as for the entry-level metal detector), mainly changed to Garrett AT Pro because of the additional features that slightly increase the metaldetecting level and significantly increase comfort, but today is not about it.
For four years with Garrett ACE 250, I have gathered enough information about the device and today decided to share it with those who may need it.
I propose to recall the main features of the metal detector:
|Coil:||6.5" х 9" PROformance|
|Search Coil Type:||Concentric|
|Search Mode Types:||All Metal / Coins / Jewelry / Relics / Custom|
|Batteries:||4 AA batteries required|
- Excellent price value;
- User-friendly guide;
- The device does not require time to set up;
- Powered by 4 AA batteries;
- Weak discrimination;
- No protection from interference ;
- Weak frequency for coins and jewelry;
- Mono coil;
- Not waterproof case;
- No VDI;
- No Ground Balance option;
Now let’s analyze in more detail:
Garrett ACE 250 metal detector is fairly stable but:
- If you badly wound the cord from the coil on the rod or not sufficiently tightly fixed nest of coils to block the detector becomes unstable;
- If your metal detector fell, got wet or there were any other external influences on the control block – get ready for instability;
- If the field on which you dig, fertilized by chemical fertilizers or soil is heavily mineralized – do not live stable work;
Get ready for the fact that often have to be disappointed when digging holes. This can be said about many metal detectors – somewhere more, somewhere less… In Garrett ACE 250 – more. Plus, very much helps to understand more precisely what is under the coil – VDI, which Garrett ACE 150/250/350 don’t have, but their updated versions of ACE 200/300/400 have it.
Coils have two disadvantages: that it’s Mono and it’s not the largest size.
In principle, these are the main points that I wanted to focus on in this article, which I experienced in practice. There are certainly still shortcomings, but they are also in other entry-level metal detectors, and not so much they affect the search process itself, rather more on comfort.
If you would like to share your opinion about Garrett Ace 250 or if you have any information you would like to tell about this metal detector – please write in the comments. We are open to discussion!
Thank you for your attention!